Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Color My World

It only takes a quick scan of this blog to know I've never met a neutral I didn't like. Most of my wardrobe is black, white or gray with a few browns thrown in for variety. There are a few colored t shirts and one fuschia dress but that's about it. The funny thing is that I LOVE color and I'm an artist who makes lots of junk with really bright, sometimes jarring colors but when it comes to putting them on my body, I freak out and retreat to the shadows. Winter is dark enough so I thought I'd try to find a few things to let in some sunshine.

Okay, I know this bag from The Limited is beige but look at that cute yellow strap! Baby steps.


These are also from The Limited and I love the burst of bright yellow/green at the face. So Jolie.



This jacket is from ModCloth and lives up to that name. I love the retro shape and could totally see this with a pencil skirt for some sexy secretary action, amirite?! Seriously though, this is cute and the color isn't screaming in your face too much.



This is also from ModCloth and while the blue is pretty bright, I think the black and white keep it sophisticated. This is also all pleating which I'm a little obsessed with right now.


This is screaming in your face but it's screaming "I am very adorable" and the black band is a nice waist definer. Stacy and Clinton would approve.


This yellow jacket from Macy's has an awesome collar and I'm a sucker for a big dramatic collar.

These last two pieces are from Forever 21. I think they're both totally rad and are simple ways to add bright color without going too nutso. These both might make their way to my jewelry box.




~amy


1 comment:

  1. No surprise I love that jacket from Modcloth. I do love me a cute coat, and I also love chartreuse. Although, I couldn't actually see myself in that jacket, but that's ok. You would look cute in that with your sassy hair.

    ReplyDelete

Awesome Inc. theme. Theme images by webphotographeer. Powered by Blogger.