Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Go full Flavor Flav and wear a clock.

I love me a big chunky necklace but some occasions call for the simplicity of a pendant, preferably a nice long one. It always looks so chic and even when it's a really casual outfit, a pendant can make it way more interesting. In fact, I was at a bunco party last weekend and a woman had on a pretty basic outfit of jeans and a t-shirt, but her vintage looking bejeweled owl pendant made her outfit much cooler. (I attempted a belted kimono top but at one point I got a bunco and when I cheered for myself I'm pretty sure I flashed the other two players when my belt untied itself. Sorry, ladies!) I like them long obviously, but sometimes that can interfere in the boob area (or so I'm told) so if your blessed up there, I would go dramatically long or just above of your decolletage.

This is from The Limited and I really like how modern it looks. It also reminds me of my friend LM. I'm taking a sewing class soon and the first thing I'm making myself is a long sleeved mini dress and I'm going to wear this with it. That is assuming I can learn to sew.



These next four are from Forever 21. This green deco pendant is really pretty and I like the addition of the rhinestones to the front to make it more interesting.



This is also deco looking and I love love love it. It's so over the top and I love the chain tassel at the bottom. I bet it makes a cool sound.


HOLY FRAULEIN MARIA! I want this thing so badly so I can Captain Von Trapp my kids.



I just think this one is really pretty and ornate and adds some nice color. I would love to see it in coral as well. GET ON THAT.


These two are from Lulu's and I love how this one joins in the middle. Really pretty and delicate.



I'm really into agate right now and I love the combo of the brushed gold and the bold blue stone. This also comes in a greenish/aqua version that is just as nice.


~amy

1 comment:

  1. I like several of those. I think I like the last one with the blue stone, and the long silver one the best (the one you love).

    This post is an odd coincidence, as I was just browsing some cute pendants online the other day. Pendants of miniature things. I thought of you, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Awesome Inc. theme. Theme images by webphotographeer. Powered by Blogger.