Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In The Clutch

I love a good clutch. It's such an easy way to jazz up boring outfits and if it's wacky enough, they're good conversation starters. I've seen some clutches that started bad conversation so stay away from bags that look like takeout boxes or plush Japanese cartoon characters unless you're a preteen. My mom had some pretty rad clutches back in the day that that she kept at the top of her closet and finding one on the bed signaled a night out on the town. One was made from metal and was slinky like mercury. It was so disco cool. These are a few that I think are pretty awesome, too.

This ruffled number is from The Limited and I love the strong neutral and soft shape combo. Really nice.


This is a hard clutch from Mango and I think the tangerine is spectacular. I love hard bags. That sounds dirty but I don't know why.

This is a pewter foldover from Macy's and it's a super deal at about $25. I love everything about this bag. It's modern, sleek and versatile. I also love that if you don't want to clutch it, you can use the cool handle.

This floral bag from Ruche is so pretty and girly but the material keeps it from being too twee.



I'm kind of obsessed with the one from Forever 21. I love the pattern and color combo. It's disco Greek.

Did you think there wouldn't be feathers? This is from Aldo.


If you're not into anything too crazy, this foldover from Banana Republic is really posh. The color is beyond gorgeous and I love the over sized clasp. It remind me of my grandma's change purses.

Another floral from Forever 21. I loved the bright yellow with the dark trim. Again, this could veer into cutesy town but the details make it work.


~amy

PS - Know any good shopping sites? Drop me a line and let me know. I'm always on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Inc. theme. Theme images by webphotographeer. Powered by Blogger.