Thursday, January 5, 2012

Test Pattern

I watch an unhealthy amount of TLC's What Not To Wear and they're always harping on about wearing color and pattern. "WHERE'S THE COLOR? WHERE'S THE PATTERN?" As I feel that they are usually correct in their assessments, I took stock of my closet and realized that to me, "pattern" means a graphic t shirt from Old Navy and "color" means that t shirt might be green or navy. I do love a stripe despite the fact that I'm not only short but short-waisted and have no business wearing them but do anyway, but that's about as far out on pattern as I seem to get so I decided to see what I could find to jazz things up.


This is from Target and it's a sheer, kimono style jacket. I like the pattern because I have a weird thing with butterflies right now.
This is also from Target and is a great easy pop of color. I'm pretty sure everyone looks good in purple, too.


This top is from The Limited and I really dig the graphic. It's not too busy but still bold. I'm still not sure about the blousy midsection but I think a jacket would help pull it all together.

This dress is from ModCloth and here we are again with the butterflies. I really like the gathering at the neck and the pockets but I'm a sucker for a dress with pockets. This is another dress I would toughen up with accessories.


Lastly, this is also from ModCloth and is a sheer sweater. I think the draping at the neck is really pretty and I imagine the sheerness makes it a little bit sexy.


~amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Inc. theme. Theme images by webphotographeer. Powered by Blogger.