Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am a woman of many layers

When I actually have the chance to brush off the crumbs, put on non-stained clothes and go out into the adult world, I always wear layers. I pretty much wear layers all the time anyway, but my standard going out outfit is a tank/tee/plain dress with a cardigan over it. This is obviously boring so I've been looking for something to make it less sad. I know I should add jackets in the mix but they make me feel like David Byrne when he wore that big suit because I feel like I have broad shoulders for my height, so I tend to default to the cardigan and even worse, it's usually the same boring black one so I found these cute vintage-y looking toppers that are all adorable and way more interesting.


I love the edge details on this cape from Topshop. It's a little bit lady goth.

This jacket from Mango is SO DISCO and makes me want to roller skate to the Bee Gees.
This is also from Mango and I am nuts about it. It's so delicate and old Hollywood glam and makes me want to wear it over a long satin nightgown and swish around the house with a martini, talking in my Old Timey voice. These are the things I do when I'm alone.



This is from Ruche and at first I was like "huh?" but then I was like "nice!" It really grew on me the more I looked at it and I think it would make a really dramatic statement. It's ladylike and yet the metallic open weave makes it kind of edgy.

I have a love/hate relationship with capes in that I love them, but I hate that they are absolutely ridiculous and dumb. It's like your arms are in prison. However, I will make an exception for this lacy number from ModCloth because it is gorgeous and sexy.
Forever 21 has quite a few options and they're inexpensive enough to splurge on a couple. This is a nice subtle neutral and I love the metallic pattern and the cropped length. Perfect over a long dress.


This is from Forever 21+ and I think the fluttery sleeves and beading at the neck are both really pretty.


I love love love this one, also from F21, but I HATE they way they style their models. This has a fabulous 20s vibe to it and deserves so much better than this baloney colored business shirt.


~amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Inc. theme. Theme images by webphotographeer. Powered by Blogger.